by Judy Kim
Garlic & Herb Roasted Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes
Yield: 4 servings
It's the beginning of the year and I know everyone is trying to start the year off right with some healthy habits. This quick recipe is Paleo and great for a general low carb diet. There is no reason to sacrifice on flavor in a low carb meal. This go to garlic and herb sauce is such a winner and will keep your salmon tender. You can try it on any protein. A lot of marinades have sugar, but you won't miss it. These amazing blistered tomatoes create such a sweetness. They taste like little carmelized tomato candies.
Since this is so quick and easy, I'm going to try this roasting method with other kinds of fish and different marinades. I'll let you know what I come up with. But for the time being, this is fantastic for lunch or dinner. Pair it with a green salad for lunch. For dinner try some whole grains or if you want to keep it low carb try cauliflower rice. Original recipe was written for Delish.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, cayenne, lemon juice, parsley and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place salmon fillet skin side down in the center. Season fish with 1/2 tsp salt. Arrange tomatoes and slices of lemon around the salmon and drizzle with the garlic and herb mixture.
- Roast in oven for 8 minutes at 450F degrees until salmon is just cooked through. Increase temperature and broil for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are just blistered and lemons have a slight char.
- Arrange on a large platter and garnish with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of sea salt. Serve immediately.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, more for garnish
Recipe is adapted from the recipe I wrote originally for " Insanely Easy Weeknight Dinners" on Delish.com.
1 salmon fillet (2 lbs), skin on
large bunch of cherry tomatoes on the vine
1 lemon, sliced into 1/4" wheels
flaky sea salt, such as Maldon