by Judy Kim
Yield: 6 servings
This is such an elegant French pastry dessert that is deceptively easy to assemble. Don't you want one of those beautiful desserts that will impress your guests but won't make you break a sweat? This is perfect for that and you can even make the puff pastry and whipped cream in advance so you can put it together just before serving. I love the slightly sweet and salty whipped cream combined with fresh raspberries. You can also shower it in a confetti of mint, just chiffonade the mint so you get a bit of mint in every bite. All that fancy talk really just means cutting the mint into thin slivers.
one package of frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
SALTED WHIPPED CREAM:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp flaky sea salt, such as Maldon salt (or more to taste)
1 tsp sugar
2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 strips, using the fold marks as a guide. Cut the 3 strips in half to create 6 rectangular pieces.
- Place pastry on the baking sheet. Repeat with the 2nd sheet of pastry, to create total of 12 pieces.
- Bake till golden brown, approximately 15 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the salt, sugar and heavy whipping cream into a stand mixer with whisk attachment. Whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Lightly spread whipped cream on top of single pastry layer. Arrange fresh raspberries neatly in rows on top of the whipped cream. Lightly spread whipped cream on top of 2nd pastry layer and place cream side down towards raspberries. Spread third layer of whipped cream on top of 2nd pastry layer and arrange more raspberries on top.
- Drizzle honey on top of raspberries.
- Garnish with sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately as the crisp pastry will soften due to the whipped cream.